Five tips to free yourself from common dating traps*
In the search for love, it’s all too easy to get sidetracked by bad dates, broken hearts, and bad love habits.
And while bad dates and broken hearts are part of the dating journey toward happily-ever-after, bad love habits can and should be avoided at all costs.
So what’s a bad love habit?
Any dysfunctional, destructive, difficult belief or habit you have towards love and relationships that’s keeping you from finding, attracting, and/or maintaining a healthy relationship.
The following are some common bad dating beliefs:
• You choose potential partners who are incapable of meeting your emotional needs.
• You think love has to be difficult, painful, and/or hard.
• You think your potential partner is going to fix whatever you don’t like about yourself or your life.
• You believe time is running out on your search for love and/or your chance to have children.
If any of the above sound familiar, don’t worry. You’re not a lost cause. In fact, with a little time and effort, you can turn things around!
What follows are five simple and effective tips and techniques geared toward helping you break free of limiting relationship beliefs and bad dating habits. Practiced over time, you can and will kick any bad dating habit — for good!
1. Identify the dating traps you’re stuck in;
2. Assess your excess baggage;
3. Dump your excess baggage;
4. Stop putting off your life and/or personal happiness;
5. Embrace a new dating vocabulary.
So there you have it — five simple dating tips and techniques to help you break free of limiting relationship beliefs and bad love habits. May you learn them, love them, live them. In doing so, you just may fall in love with your life all over again, not to mention exponentially increase your chances of future relationship success.
Good luck and happy dating!
Mental Health Counseling